cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video freezing on Multicast

nihit-tandon
Level 1
Level 1

I am  running multicast on MPLS and the video content is getting freezed can any one let me knw the reasons.

No ping drops observed on the Link , router supports multicast very well !!! Its a 2Mb Link on Radio frequency

Awaiting for your responses pls

3 Replies 3

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Nihit,

Can you elaborate more on your setup, are you running SSM multicast ? if you can perhaps provide snapshot or a design showing the source and destination of your multicast stream , it would be better.

There could be a lot of reasons, bandwidth issues , high latency or drops or if the multicast got broken some where in the Network.

Regards,

Mohamed

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for your revert , Yes we are using SSM, Sparse Mode at the spoke locations ,Its a 2Mb link on RF,where the video is getting freezed , The ping response to the /30 is absolutely fne, no packet drops observed.

Can you let me know the way to check the case of multicast streams got broken.

Thanks,

Nihit

You can perform one of the following methods:

1- Join a reciever at Spoke location to a multicast group and try to ping it from the Source.

2- perform (mtrace command) from the spoke to trace the reverse path to the source of the multicast traffic using the group you have already joined to an Spoke interface.

Please post the output of the (Mtrace command), it show where the multicast is getting dropped.

Regards,

Mohamed

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card