cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN+ Routing Between VLANs Using a Layer 3 Switch

Sara Mostafa
Level 1
Level 1

why when  check connection and add simple pdu between pc and router give me successful status and when ping from the same pc give me request out

7 Replies 7

@Sara Mostafa 

Attach the pkt file here, you need to zip it first, let me check.  But, when you are simulating the ping you are not in the simulator mode, this could be the reason.

You configured a peer to peer between the Layer3 switch and the router, which is fine but then, you create subinterfaces

on the router on the same interface you configured the peer to peer and  this will not work.

If you want to use subinterface on the router, you need to configure a trunk between Router and Switch. Think about subinterface on the router as interface vlans on the switch.

You need to choose either you use subinterfaces and trunk or you use Layer3 interface and not use subinterface.

FlavioMiranda_0-1723835252640.png

Martin L
VIP
VIP

what software did u use to record this ?

demo creator

talhazafer010
Level 1
Level 1

Have you checked if the router's firewall or any ACLs might be blocking the ICMP requests when you try to ping from the PC?

Hello
The laptop and the rtr are on a different subnets, so you need to make sure the default gateway of the laptop is reachable from the laptop, which i assume is the L3 switch upstream in your topology diagram?

Also you need to check if the L2 vlan for that laptop subnet has been created and propagated dowstream to all your switches and the laptop is assigned to that correct L2 vlan.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card