cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLSM and RIP Along with DHCP Relay Agent

Lee Tripplex
Level 1
Level 1

I have a VLSM network consisting of two routers two switches and one client on each side. I am using RIP to be bale to see each network.

The problem is when i enable dhcp helper-address on the router with the subnet connected to it it seems the dhcp server pool that is enabled on the other router is not issuing the ip correctly.

so on router1 dhcp pool is configured to issue ip address to its connected subnetwrok and to the other subnetwork connected to router2 connected to its serial interface.

so it should be issuing ip to router2 starting from 192.168.1.66 because its subnetted to use 255.255.255.128 subnet mask an its connected subnetwork on fa/0/0 is 192.168.1.0 subnetmask is 255.255.255.192.

Is this possible using RIP&DCHP Relay Agent&VLSM?

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You mention RIP but do not tell us whether you are using RIPv2 or the original
RIP. And you have not provided enough information about the topology or the network for us to understand the issue. And you have not provided any configuration details. If you can give us that information then we may be able to provide better answers.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi

Could you please share your configuration, As I understand, R1 is the DHCP server for clients connected to R1 and R2 segment, right? R2 should know how to reach the IP configured as IP helper address. 

As Richard mentioned are you using version 1 or 2? and if you have configured no auto-summary under the RIP process.

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card