Views
Helpful
Replies

VXLAN between two Cisco 8000v router IOS XE

akhoonwaseem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community, 

I need your support to understand if Cisco 8000v router supports VXLAN. I have two Cisco 8000v routers with bgp peering and want to configure the VXLAN between the two devices. I went through multiple documents but there is nothing specific whether these devices support VXLAN or not. Also I tried to run some basic commands for VXLAN configuration but there are no command syntax on the router as mentioned on the documents. Can you please let me know if we can configure the VXLAN on Cisco 8000v autonomous mode IOS XE. If yes pleas let me know the basic configuration for same as I don't want a spine leaf configuration but simple VXLAN configuration between the two bgp peer Cisco 8000v devices. 

Thank you

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/catalyst-8000v-edge-software/datasheet-c78-744101.html
       >...     Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) gateway: The Catalyst 8000V can participate in a VXLAN network serving as a VXLAN Tunnel Endpoint (VTEP), and therefore as a termination point for VXLAN Network Identifiers (VNIs). For large data center and service provider networks, this feature allows for greatly increased scalability in the number of simultaneously operating isolated tenant networks. After a VNI is terminated by the Catalyst 8000V, its traffic can be Layer-3 routed or Layer-2 bridged to other VXLAN or non-VXLAN networks (Table 5).

Check Table 5 too ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card