Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VxLAN with 2 data centers

Hi,

I'm exploring the new data center with this VxLAN lab, just only one l2 domain with BGP EVPN. However, I have confused with the physical connection. I suppose the Leaf-1 is on the new DC, how both two DC connect? Which solution is the easiest way?

1.jpg

Thank you very much.

5 Replies 5

Borair
Level 1
Level 1

hello

in case you want to extend the fabric between two DC or more you should use  OTV or EVPN Multisite in order th do this

OTV is only supported by a limited number of devices, ie the N7K and ASR1K. In addition for the N7K, OTV is only supported by the more expensive F3 modules?

Thank you very much.

in this case you can use EVPN Multisite to do this and its support with the same fabric device NX-9K

Ha ha, however, I see Cisco said OTV is the best. And the lab looks easier https://ithitman.blogspot.com/2018/05/configuring-otv-otv-configuration-and.html. Just rent MPLS L2VPN or dark fiber for 2.2.2.0/30, but for VxLAN lab I can't illustrate how physical cross site will connect.

1.jpg

Thank you very much.

OTV is limited with only NX-7K but vxlan evpn can run with NX-9K and the thing that there is no multisite with EVPN its not true because you can run EVPN multiste replace of OTV for create DCI and for your question about how you can connect multiple DC its can done with 4 design one of them by using super spine topology

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card