Views
Helpful
Replies

WCCP, IP spoofing and redirect inbound http traffic

antonio.guirado
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

We want design a topology based on transparent proxies using WCCP. Our proxies can do spoofing of user ip addresses. So, the HTTP request will go out our network with the user ip address as source ip. The HTTP Response will arrive with destination address the user ip address. We want use WCCP to redirect inbound and outbound traffic because we have c3750 with L2 WCCP support. The outbound redirection, when the packet is going out our network is simple. But, the problem is the inbound redirection. How we redirect this packets to proxies by WCCP?. Is it possible?. This redirection is done by c3750 using TCAMs/hardware?. Our throughput could grow until 2-3Gbps and we are worried about the performance.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

huangedmc
Level 3
Level 3

The 3K's only support wccp redirect in, so you won't be able to redirect outbound.

You need to redirect in on the "inbound" interface, when packets are on their way out.

I think I may have just confused you further, but it's hard to explain this.

The wccp control protocol (negotiation) is done in software, but I believe the actual packet redirection is done in hardware, and it can probably handle 2-3G easily.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

huangedmc
Level 3
Level 3

The 3K's only support wccp redirect in, so you won't be able to redirect outbound.

You need to redirect in on the "inbound" interface, when packets are on their way out.

I think I may have just confused you further, but it's hard to explain this.

The wccp control protocol (negotiation) is done in software, but I believe the actual packet redirection is done in hardware, and it can probably handle 2-3G easily.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card