Views
Helpful
Replies

WCCP on Cisco 6500

CSCO11177789
Beginner
Beginner

Hi;

I'm a little confused about wccp configuration and redirection . I want to integrate with websense cache proxy. On backbone, appliance connected on gig 5/1 for example....Also i want to redirect all http packet on vlan 10.

What  am i supposed to do under gig and vlan configuration ?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mohamed Sobair
Rising star
Rising star

Yes , there is no special config for the proxy, a tunnel is created dynamically with all registry information when WCCP configured on the router between the webcache and the router.

HTH

Mohamed

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mohamed Sobair
Rising star
Rising star

Hi,

Here what you need to configure:

1- Enable WCCP globally by configuring ( ip wccp web-cache ) , the default version is 2

2- Redirect Vlan 10 List HTTP request globally with ( ip wccp web-cache redirect-list 100 )

access-list 100 permit tcp x.x.x.x y.y.y.y any eq www

3- Apply the redirection on the Vlan interface:

interface vlan10

ip wccp web-cache redirect in

HTH

Mohamed

First of all, thanks for your reply. But i couldnt see any configuration about proxy connection port. I understood there isnt need to?

Best regards

Umut

Mohamed Sobair
Rising star
Rising star

Yes , there is no special config for the proxy, a tunnel is created dynamically with all registry information when WCCP configured on the router between the webcache and the router.

HTH

Mohamed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: