cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which Router to Buy for Cisco Network Academy?

sadams0979
Level 1
Level 1

I'm helping my netacad instructor out by picking out some models of routers and switches. We currently have ISR 1941 routers. We are looking to purchase about 30-35 switches and routers. Our requirements for the router is that it run IOS-XE and I was looking at either the ISR 4221 OR ISR 1111 Series. What is the main difference besides voice and expansion slots? Would we be able to get our own sales rep for the order, or is it usually for larger orders? 

4 Replies 4

Hello,

whether you need the ISR111x or the 4221, or any other model, obviously depends on the size of your network, what kind of uplink (WAN) capacity and throughput you want, and if you actually do, or do not, need the expansion modules. The 4221 is about twice the price of the ISR111x, so that is probably a consideration as well.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since this is not a production environment, for Lab requirement mainly to practice technology and commands, so if your investment will be protected always. It looks like you investing a decent amount of money, so contact local SE or cisco partner, so he will be able to suggest to right bill of material so there are no surprises later.

ISR 4K and ISr 1K both does the work, only difference where we need to use in the production environment for the speed and performance matter.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/router-selector.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Ashor
Level 1
Level 1

please I need help 

We are trying to make a Cisco Net Academy in our region, and I do not know what the full procedures are for that and what I should prepare, knowing that the place is in several universities to make laboratories and are ready to equip them, not for profit.

please can any one tell me what should I do ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card