cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wrong system software for this hardware

bungjoehanz
Level 1
Level 1

i'm new to cisco router, recently i accidently remove the CF memory card from running cisco router, which result cisco goes to rommon mode with and can't start-up. here is the details error ,

System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(13r)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)                                                           

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport                                                  

Copyright (c) 2006 by cisco Systems, Inc.                                        

PLD version 0x10               

GIO ASIC version 0x127                     

c2801 platform with 131072 Kbytes of main memory                                               

Main memory is configured to 64 bit mode with parity disabled                                                            

Readonly ROMMON initialized                          

program load complete, entry point: 0x8000f000, size: 0xcb80                                                           

program load complete, entry point: 0x8000f000, size: 0x161482c                                                              

Self decompressing the image : #################################################                                                                               

###################################################################### [OK]                                                                          

PLD version 0x10               

GIO ASIC version 0x127                     

Self decompressing the image : #################################################                                                                               

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/tec                                        

PLD version 0x10               

GIO ASIC version 0x127                     

rommon 1 >

How can I make my router work normally again ? is there something i should do to reset my router to factory default from Rommon mode ?

i don't care if i lost my running-config (i have backup it previously) i used Cisco 2800 Series..

thanks for your respons..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Joe,

When you returned the CF card back to this router, did you return the same CF card? Is it possible that you put back a different card with a different IOS than before?

Also, when in ROMMON, can you issue the dir flash: command and post the result here?

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Joe,

When you returned the CF card back to this router, did you return the same CF card? Is it possible that you put back a different card with a different IOS than before?

Also, when in ROMMON, can you issue the dir flash: command and post the result here?

Best regards,

Peter

thanks Peter for your response..

yes, i'm sure it's the same CF card,.. i never change the IOS..

here is the result.

rommon 3 > dir flash:

Directory of flash:

4387    23153100  -rw-     c2801-ipbase-mz.124-15.T9.bin

10040    1505280   -rw-     COMMON.TAR

10408    1361      -rw-     dss_jakarta-confg

10409    931840    -rw-     ES.TAR

10637    1038      -rw-     home.shtml

10638    112640    -rw-     HOME.TAR

10666    2746      -rw-     sdmconfig-2801.cfg

10667    1697952   -rw-     securedesktop-ios-3.1.1.45-k9.pkg

11082    415956    -rw-     sslclient-win-1.1.4.176.pkg

Hi Joe,

What is this router model? Is it 2801?

Kind Regards,
Ivan

**Please grade this post if you find it useful.

Kind Regards,
Ivan

Ivan,

It surely is, according to the Joe's output:

PLD version 0x10               

GIO ASIC version 0x127                     

Ivan, can you check if the size of the c2801-ipbase-mz.124-15.T9.bin (23153100 bytes) corresponds to the size of the image as present on Cisco's download page? Perhaps the image was renamed and does not really apply to this platform.

Best regards,

Peter

I checked the image size on CCO, it is matching the file Joe has:

File Name:c2801-ipbase-mz.124-15.T9.bin
Min Memory:DRAM 128 MB Flash 64 MB
Size:22.08 MB (23153100 bytes)
MD5 Checksum:07e9530d4ec92f378c7d156ab4a08bb6

Also, minimum memory requirements are met.

Kind Regards,
Ivan

Kind Regards,
Ivan

@ ivan yes..it is 2801 router

best regards,

joe

i've tried to confreg the router with 0x2142 and 0x2102 address to reset the router running-config..but seems it's not working..

regards,

joe

Joe,

Since the image is correct and router satisfy the requirements (see my post in reply to Peter above), this is likely to be a HW failure in either DRAM or the 2801 motherboard that triggers during the image copy from flash to DRAM during the boot. I saw quite a few similar issues and in most of the them the 2801 had to be replaced (in a few other cases the problem was with incorrect image, e.g. for 2811).

Kind Regards,
Ivan

Kind Regards,
Ivan

Thanks Ivan,

well..if that may be the main issue, i'll try to have it repaired,

I will let you all know the result...

thanks for the respons..

regards,

joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: