Views
Helpful
Replies

Zoom-meetings QoS and NBAR

Leonid Voronkin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi all.

I have found NBAR2 Protocol Pack 33.0.0 have new protocols one of this is zoom-meetings

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/qos_nbar/prot_lib/config_library/pp3300/nbar-prot-pack3300/rel-notes-protocol-pack-33-0-0.html

I have Protocol Pack 38.0.0 but I cant find how to match it. Match protocol does not consist this name

nbar.jpg

Has anyone done it before?

Hello,

not sure why it is not listed in the higher pack...

I searched around and it looks like ZOOM uses the ports below:

Protocol Ports Source
TCP 80, 443 All Zoom Clients and Meeting Connector
TCP 443, 8801, 8802 All Zoom Clients
UDP 3478, 3479, 8801, 8802 All Zoom Clients

Protocol Ports Source

TCP 80, 443 All Zoom Clients and Meeting Connector
TCP 443, 8801, 8802 All Zoom Clients
UDP 3478, 3479, 8801, 8802 All Zoom Clients

Yes, I know it. It require not only ports but also a big list of service subnets. Of course I can do it.

But I want to understand how to do it with NBAR. Especially if there is a possibility

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Did you try typing the protocol name, as listed in the release notes? (It might be there like a hidden command, although that would be a bug.)

Have you contacted TAC?

Yes, I tried to enter this argument. It does not work. There is no hidden commands.
No, I have not contacted with TAC. I think it is to early. May be I miss something.

If it's supposed to be in the NBAR version you have, it's not too soon to contact TAC. (Every see a new IOS released a day or so after one just released?)

Hello,

it is listed in pack 44, is it an option to use that one ? 

Hi. I tried to install packs 44 and 45. But i still don't see "zoom-meetings". Where did you find it?
Or may be it is required reload the router after packet installation? I have not found mention of it for NBAR pack installation process

Hello,

here is the link I am referring to. Open the release notes for e.g. pack 44 and click on the column containing the letter 'Z' on the left...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/qos_nbar/prot_lib/config_library/nbar-prot-pack-library.html

Which platform do you have (not sure if you have already mentioned that) ?

It is listed already in 38 pack.

I though you found it in CLI 

I use ISR4431 IOS XE16.9.4

I guess my point is: it might be listed, but that might be an error in the documentation. If possible, try and actually install pack 44.

As I said above I have already installed pack 44. But still I cant find zoom

Hello,

sorry, didn't see that you had already installed 44. I couldn't find any mention of having to reboot the router either...'show ip nbar version' should show you the current installed and active one.

I am looking at the NBAR Protocol Pack Auto Update procedure, I don't know if the protocol packs may be installed in a different way using this, you might want to give it a try...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/qos_nbar/configuration/xe-16/qos-nbar-xe-16-book/nbar-pp-auto-upd.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco