cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change a device value under specific template on vManage

shrimpcracker
Level 1
Level 1

I used to change device values from Vmanage by navigating through configuration > Devices > click on three dots far right side for a specific device(DeviceA for example) > change device value.
Recently, I found similar option under configuration > Templates > click on three dots on <specific template you created> > change device values > find device(DeviceA) and modify value in it. 
I was told the latter method will 'repush' all device values(even ones that didn't get changed)  for all attached devices on the specific template you are in. Is that the case? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

yes, you are right. When you change device variable values via device template, vManage re-create configuration from templates and pushes to all respective devices.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

yes, you are right. When you change device variable values via device template, vManage re-create configuration from templates and pushes to all respective devices.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

shrimpcracker
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your reply. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card