Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with SDWAN Vmanage email alert

MSayyed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

i am working with an existing SDWAN deployment..I want to recive email alert when there is alarm triggered I mean TLOC down site down router down etc ..

so first I have checked the configuration and came to know that 

Alarm notification is already enabled in Administration with below setting 

security -none 

SMTP server-smtp.office365.com

SMTP Port:25

Below that there is

from address and reply to address configured with same address (not mentioned due to keep organisations identity private )

lastly there is 

use SMTP authentication box enabled 

again 1 email with password defined here ..

#lastly under Monitor>alarms>alarm notifications we have configured severity and alarm name and defined all categories 

but still we not able to recieve email i see alarm in monitor window like Critical medium and minor 

but on same time stamp I checked under audit logs it’s not showing anything I mean email send status or log

so my question is the field

from address & replay to address need to configure with same email or different email ?

also under SMTP authentication can we use any email that match the domain or specific mail server email ?? 

can someone guide me about email integration part with SDWAN especially one present under Administration >Alarm Notifications ?? 

6 Replies 6

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

When you created the alarm notification did you receive an email?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/sd-wan/214615-vmanage-configure-alarm-email-notificat.html

The from address and reply address can be the same.

"You can select the From address as per your choice, however, the domain name should match the mail server. As an example, <..username..>@cisco.com and the reply address will be noreply@cisco.com. Because, if there will be a reply, vManage will not capture. This scenario is similar to the auto-generated emails that come with a no-reply address."

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

@Leonardo Santana @You mean to say 

from address -demo@xyz.com 

reply address-demo@xyz.com

it need to same on both from & reply fields ?? 

Hi,

Take a look on the doc that i sent you.

"the domain name should match the mail server. As an example, <..username..>@cisco.com and the reply address will be noreply@cisco.com"

What is your vManage version?

Regards
Leonardo Santana

I have checked but not understand..my Vmanage version 20.5.1 ….

can you provide info on 2nd email address?? 

I mean there is another section need to tick mark and use our email as per below

In use SMTP authentication box field  

We need to put email password of normal account or domain server specific email address ??

Hi,

This will be completely dependent on your email configuration. A lot of organizations and ISPs don't even allow sending email over SMTP port 25 as this is unencrypted traffic and credentials are out in the open.

Please refer to the documentation from Office365 to configure the email server correctly:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/pop-imap-and-smtp-settings-8361e398-8af4-4e97-b147-6c6c4ac95353

Hi,

It could be a normal account.

Before configuring check with the Mail server administrator to check the supported config from their side.

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card