cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

(SD-WAN) Questions regarding bandwidth according to DNA License Tier

jinsolyoon
Level 1
Level 1

As far as I know, looking at SD-WAN's DNA licensing system, if you use it without a license, there is a bandwidth limit of 250MB regardless of equipment performance.
Additionally, I understand that if you allocate DNA License Tier 0 or Tier 1, you can receive bandwidth support of 25MB and 200MB, respectively.
But from what I understand, if you buy a Tier0 or Tier1 license, you're actually losing bandwidth.
So what are the advantages of purchasing and using Tier 0, 1 licenses in SD-WAN?
I guess if it would be possible to receive the benefits of DNA Ess/Adv/Pre.
(ex. Ess: A maximum of 10 User VPNs + 1 Management VPN, isco Catalyst SD-WAN Manager for centralized management (cloud or on-premises), etc... / Adv: Unlimited segmentation, Cisco Catalyst SD-WAN Analytics, etc...)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Honor-based does not mean that you you should use it without purchasing.

TAC may see that you don't have license and will not support (per Q/A shared above). In case of audit, you should show your payment for licenses that you use.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,

there is no hard enforcement now. It is like RTU (right-to-use) licenses, honor-based.

Q.   Are bandwidth or throughput tiers enforced?
A.    There is no hard enforcement of non-crypto throughput tiers on any platform except the Catalyst 8000V. In all other cases, if the customer chooses to configure a throughput tier for which they do not own a valid license, they will get out-of-compliance messages and will not be entitled to Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support for related issues. Note that for all platforms without a valid HSEC license, encrypted traffic will be throttled at 250Mbps.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Yeap,

you shared ordering guide, whatever I shared is F.A.Q.

Right now, only HSEC is enforced license. Regularity rule requires additional license (HSEC) if encryption throughput will be higher than 250Mbps.

HTH,

Hello.
I'm currently studying DNA and SD-WAN licensing systems, so I have a lot of questions.
The FAQ you sent seems to be basically the same as the Essential and Advantage features I shared.

To summarize what I was curious about:
'The significance of subscribing to even Tier 0 or Tier 1 licenses in relation to SD-WAN licenses is that different functions can be provided depending on the DNA License level (Ess, Adv, Pre).' I wonder if that can be said.
(Because in terms of throughput, if there is no limit as long as there is an HSEC license, I wonder why I need to purchase a DNA License.)

Honor-based does not mean that you you should use it without purchasing.

TAC may see that you don't have license and will not support (per Q/A shared above). In case of audit, you should show your payment for licenses that you use.

HTH,

Yes, it was helpful.
The reason I asked this question was because I needed a clear reason to purchase a license, and I think that was the answer.

Regards.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card