Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN viptela lab/demo

Hello,

Anyone know how to download viptela ova file for home lab demo purpose?

BRG

Tony

4 Replies 4

ekhabaro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Tony, here you can find ova files to deploy vManage, vSmart and vBond as well as vEdge-Cloud in the lab, but please note that you need at least 48Gig of RAM in your lab (vManage require at least 32 + at about 2 for each controller and vEdge-Cloud)

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286320995/type

Besides this you need smart account on PNP portal (software.cisco.com/#module/pnp), without this you won't be able to deploy your lab.

Hello, Thank you for your reply. I tried to download but it always request for service contact ID to download. Is there anyway to download for lab? BRG Tony

I'm interested to know the process to follow in order to make this kind of lab working.

We have a smart account at our company but no contracts associated and would like to perform some training/testings... 

Let me know if someone already made it works ! 

Like all things with Cisco these days you need a smartnet contract with them for the products/software you want to download/use. 

Without this, you are not "entitled" to use the software. I do frown on Cisco for making it more challenging for us individuals that pay good money for their material and exams to be able to get a hold of images and software for lab purposes. I mean even Cisco ISE gives you 60 days eval. Why is it so hard to do this for things like SDWAN?

That being said if you have a good relationship with your Cisco Account team they might be able to help you out with getting these images. 

Good Luck.