cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tloc list preference

dijix1990
VIP
VIP

What is the purpose of using preference inside tloc list?

dijix1990_0-1703074355108.png

and can we see the changing on the cEdge? 

In almost cases I use preference via topology policy and I can see it through command sh sdwan omp routes and nevere use preference inside tloc list

17 Replies 17

if you have two circuit and you want to prefer one than other we use TLOC preference
 https://www.networkacademy.io/ccie-enterprise/sdwan/lab4-traffic-engineering-tloc-preference

MHM

I asked about preference in TLOC List (policy->list->tloc, not for TLOC preference as action (as I noticed in first post I use tloc preference action for some topologies) 

there are two OMP and TLOC 

i am talking about TLOC not OMP 

if Edge receive two TLOC from other edge which one can select ?
I think you need to check the best path 

Screenshot (75).png

MHM

How it refers to my question? Just only that tloc preference can manipulate omp? I know it. Have you ever used preference via tloc list? Where can we see changes after activate policy with TLOC LIST preference, not preference as action?

it TLOC preference not TLOC list preference, 
add new TLOC and you can config different preference 

MHM 

Open my figure, it's tloc list where we can set preference, after set preference we cannot see the changes via show sdwan omp routes, so, where does it implement? Only on vSmart? 

Hi,

OMP routes (vRoute) have preference value, as I see you are also aware.

Whatever you do in centralized control policy with matching route and setting preference, yes it changes preference value for that route (or routes - you may match TLOC list or the entire site).

However, when you have TLOC list in set for control policy, route is advertised from vSmart with changed OMP route preference values.

Both cases you can verify with simple "show sdwan omp routes [a.b.c.d/e]" command. Under preference column you see the value, - (dash) means default i.e preference of  zero (0).

Note that, this command does not change TLOC preference, but OMP route preference (so called vRoute).

KananHuseynli_1-1703103818573.png

Above the condition with centralized policy+set TLOC list(with modified preference), below output is w/o policy.

KananHuseynli_0-1703103609673.png

TLOC preference can be changed in TLOC sequence rules of centralized control policy where there is no set TLOC List.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

simple Q 
there are TLOC preference and there are TLOC list preference ? 
MHM 

No,

there is OMP route preference and there is TLOC preference

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

OMP  preference use when we have vrrp

TLOC preference when we have two circuit

Thanks for confirming.

Have a nice  day 

MHM

I didn't confirm your mentioned statements

I just said that there are 2 attribute with preference value for it.

You may use TLOC preference when you have two route but each with one circuit. OMP preference can be used largely depending on overlay design. Since you mentioned let me note one thing: VRRP is actually actively used with TLOC preference where router even can automatically adjust this value.

HTH,

Thanks for confirming there is nothing called tloc list preference.

First point

"""You may use TLOC preference when you have two route but each with one circuit."""

Each Circuit IP (public IP and or private IP) is send as tloc' 

So if vpn 10 have prefix 10.0.0.0 and edge have two circuit then 

Edge will advertise two tloc to vsmart (which apply policy) and advertise one omp to vsmart.

Now other edge will have 10.0.0.0 with two tloc' we need to prefer for example mpls tloc we use preference.

So one route two tloc.

And for second point we use both 

Omp preference to select edge 

Tloc preference to select circuit in that edge

MHM

TLOC list preference is config element. When you have TLOC list, you may or may not set preference.

There is no direct term, it is just config element. Basically, you may set route preference alongside with TLOC.

Whatever you mentioned is correct, but it is not finished with this. You may have site with two routers but just one transport (internet). Even for this site for overlay TE you may use TLOC preference. If you have one circuit, but multiple routers, it does not mean that you can't use TLOC preference.

Depends on design.

HTH,

Yeah with tloc preference as sequence action it works and I can see it but when I set preference inside tloc list nothing happens

show running-config | include "preference 100"
   tloc 10.80.254.101 color biz-internet encap ipsec preference 100
   tloc 10.80.254.101 color public-internet encap ipsec preference 100
   tloc 10.80.254.102 color biz-internet encap ipsec preference 200
   tloc 10.80.254.102 color public-internet encap ipsec preference 200
                                                                                                                                                AFFINITY
                                                      PATH                      ATTRIBUTE                                                       GROUP
TENANT    VPN    PREFIX              FROM PEER        ID     LABEL    STATUS    TYPE       TLOC IP          COLOR            ENCAP  PREFERENCE  NUMBER      REGION ID   REGION PATH
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0         11     10.0.0.0/12         10.80.254.3      23     1004     C,I,R     installed  10.80.254.101    mpls             ipsec  -           None        None        -
                                     10.80.254.3      24     1004     C,I,R     installed  10.80.254.101    biz-internet     ipsec  -           None        None        -
                                     10.80.254.3      25     1004     C,I,R     installed  10.80.254.101    public-internet  ipsec  -           None        None        -
                                     10.80.254.3      26     1004     C,I,R     installed  10.80.254.102    mpls             ipsec  -           None        None        -
                                     10.80.255.3      25     1004     C,R       installed  10.80.254.101    mpls             ipsec  -           None        None        -
                                     10.80.255.3      26     1004     C,R       installed  10.80.254.101    biz-internet     ipsec  -           None        None        -
                                     10.80.255.3      27     1004     C,R       installed  10.80.254.101    public-internet  ipsec  -           None        None        -
                                     10.80.255.3      28     1004     C,R       installed  10.80.254.102    mpls             ipsec  -           None        None        -
nska-gw#sh sdwan omp tlocs | i prefere
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0
     preference        0

Can't understand the idea for which scenarios we can set preference inside tloc list

dijix1990_0-1703123722741.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card