Views
Helpful
Replies

vedge control connection to vbond

mannycho
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

My vedge routers all have control connections to vbond and in Up state (because of only one vsmart controller) over public internet transport. control connections from vedge routers to vbond state show connect (show control connections) and blank over MPLS transport. As a result all edge routers are in a partial control status state.

Why is the control connection from vedge to vbond over MPLS not Up? I have IP connectivity between vbond and the edge routers.

19 Replies 19

I added an interface ge0/1 vpn 0 on vbond to MPLS transport and it did not make a difference.

this is your network
can you confirm 

thanks 

MHM

Screenshot (115).png

Hey MHM

thanks for taking your time to draw it out, but yes that’s what it looks like. The L3 switch connected to the internet and acting as the default gateway for internet transport for vbond, vsmart and manage also had L3 routing to reach the MPLS network. So from vbond internet interface I can ping the MPLS interface of a WAN edge. I then assigned the vbond an interface on MPLS, and can ping a WAN edge MPLS interface sourcing from vbond MPLS interface and still get partial control connections in vmanage. So don’t know what else to do from a connectivity stand point

@mannycho ,

could you please share:

show control local-properties ; show ip route ; show run system outputs from vEdge?

Can you also draw (just in paint, simple topology) to understand topology fully?

Also share show ip route from vbond.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

anicholasa
Level 1
Level 1

Hate to ressurect a dead post, but I believe I am having a similar issue and am in a similar design as the OP except instead of MPLS, it's to our azure enviorment via s2s vpn.  Azure hosts vmanage vsmart and vbond, which each have a public IP as well as a nic with a private IP which is routable to our cEDGE device via said s2s vpn. 

The cEDGE device has two interfaces which I would like to have control connections formed. One interface has a public IP which has connections formed successfully .However, the second interface which has a private IP is stuck in connect state to vBond. I suspect this is due to the control connection sourcing from the private IP and trying to route to the public IP of vBond over the internet without any NAT, which makes this connection unroutable. At least that's what I suspect, and would like someone to confirm this. 

If this is the case, what is the best practice to make this work? Is there any benefits to having control connections form from multiple interfaces. I assume it means additionals tunnels will be built for traffic? 

Lastly, is there a way to to specify when sourcing from the private IP interface, to use the private IP of vbond? 

Appreciate any feedback. Happy to clarify anything else.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card