Helpful
Replies

vManage

pnkjmalik11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There

I am getting the below error :

V manage login: FAILED: cdb _connect( CS , ST, ADDR, ADDRLEN, Error: system call failed (24): Connection refused, in function run, line 2401 )

this message is appearing after formatting the 100 gb hdb

v manage version is 19.2.3

11 Replies 11

pnkjmalik11
Level 1
Level 1

Welcome to Viptela CLI
admin connected from 127.0.0.1 using console on vmanage
Available storage devices:
hdb 100GB
hdc 3GB
1) hdb
2) hdc
Select storage device to use: 1
Would you like to format hdb? (y/n): y

After this it rebooted automatically then i am getting the above mentioned error.

can anyone help ?

Hi,

Is this installation done from ESXI or KVM? Importing the vManage OVA initially will be configured with a 20GB disk for vManage system usage. Subsequently a 100GB disk should then be created for database. As for your case, you may need to review your system and make sure the vManage system is installed on the correct disk. Suspect that vManage may have installed itself on /dev/hdb but it's also used as data disk. The other thing that is suspect is also 3GB of disk space for system (/dev/hdc) seems too little, as minimally vManage provisions 20GB as mentioned.

What is the solution ? I am setting this on EVE-ng , facing this error Would you like to format hdc? (y/n): y

Fri Jan 8 06:08:08 UTC 2021: System Ready

viptela 19.2.1

vmanage login: admin
Password:
Welcome to Viptela CLI
admin connected from 127.0.0.1 using console on vmanage
You must set an initial admin password.
Password:
Re-enter password:
Available storage devices:
hdc3GB
1) hdc
Select storage device to use:

ranjeetba
Level 1
Level 1

I use control-c on keyboard and the error goes away . Is that a right method ?

No, you need to select teh storage fro database. The common use is 100GB in a new disk

has anyone experience this, my vmanage keeps on rebooting. installed in Eve-NG, vmware workstation player - OVA

vManage login: fail: klogd: can't change to service directory: No such file or directory
FAILED: cdb_connect(cs, st, addr, addrlen), Error: Bad protocol usage or unexpected retval (21): Access check failed, in function run, line 2558
FAILED: cdb_connect(cs, st, addr, addrlen), Error: Bad protocol usage or unexpected retval (21): Access check failed, in function run, line 2558

lester.mendoza
Level 1
Level 1

did you managed to resolved this issue, i've got the same error.

Anyone has solution for this problem??

vManage login: fail: klogd: can't change to service directory: No such file or directory

hello, did you solve this issue? i've got the same error

corwyndjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, has anyone resolved this issue? I'm having the same issue with vManage in eve-ng constantly rebooting