cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vSmart Site-ID issue

leej48
Level 1
Level 1

i have vmanage, vsmart and vbond set up on cisco cloud.

we have 1 vmanage, 2 vbond and 2 vsmart set as site id 200.

i had 2 left over vsmart to set up and i set them up as 300.

now i'm trying to change the site id where all of controllers has same site id 200.

once i change it it would not communicate with vmange and will not sync.

once i configure the site id, do i have to stick with initial setting?

does vManage and vSmart have to match in order to work?

5 Replies 5

ekhabaro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
> once i change it it would not communicate with vmange and will not sync.
What do you mean by "not sync"?

>once i configure the site id, do i have to stick with initial setting?
no, in general you can change site-id if needed

> does vManage and vSmart have to match in order to work?
site-id on vManage and vSmart may not match

Can you please let is know software version the you're using? Please feel free to reach me directly via PM

landolakes
Level 1
Level 1

I'm seeing this issue when I change my site ID, it does not update in vmanage.  Platform Version: 20.3.7.1

In GUI it may not reflect properly.

Check in CLI:

show control local-properties - shows local parameters including site-id

show control connections - shows connectivity between controllers

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Dan Frey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Site IDs tell the device to connect on public or private IP.   If the vsmarts/vmanage are on the same local segment it may not matter but devices in different regions must use public IP.  Here is output from vmanage at site 251 and the two vsmarts that are connected to it.  vsmart_251_4 is located on the same segment and connects on the private ip while the other vsmart is in a different region and connects on the NAT public ip(floating ip) and must have a different site-id.   Disrgard that public ip is a 10.200.x.x address as this is a lab.   

+----------------+--------+------+---------+------------------+-------+---------------+------------------+------------+
|     remote     |  peer  | site |  local  |      public      | state |    vdevice    |     private      |   system   |
|     color      |  type  |  id  |  color  |        ip        |       |     host      |        ip        |     ip     |
|                |        |      |         |                  |       |     name      |                  |            |
+----------------+--------+------+---------+------------------+-------+---------------+------------------+------------+
|    default     | vsmart | 251  | default |    10.64.32.4    |  up   | vmanage_251_3 |    10.64.32.4    | 11.1.251.4 |
|    default     | vsmart | 351  | default |    10.200.1.7    |  up   | vmanage_251_3 |    10.64.64.7    | 11.1.251.5 |