cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Way to communicate between different VPN on a vEdge(SD-WAN)

kay.kang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're running two different VPNs on a vEdge and want to make communication between VPNs on same site.

I see that ping is unsuccessful from a PC in VPN 1 to another in VPN 2 in the same site. 

How can I make this work?

inter vpn communications.PNG

6 Replies 6

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @kay.kang,

In order to enable communication between VPNs on the same site, you need to ensure that the vEdge router is configured to allow inter-VPN communication.

You can do this by configuring VPN Interoperability (VI) on the vEdge router. With VI enabled, the vEdge router will be able to route traffic between VPNs on the same site.

Once VI is enabled and configured, you should be able to ping between the PCs in the different VPNs on the same site.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Hi,

Is there any document that I can refer to about VPN Interoperability(VI)?

Hi,

It is supported from 20.9 using CLI-template on vEdge (or from 17.9 on cEdge using CLI-template)

Route Leaking between Inter-Service VPN 

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Can Route Leaking be used for a single site?

Yes,

you can do leaking at the same device i.e site. See table 1 from the link that I mentioned, supported from 20.9.1 (but CLI template only).

Route Leaking between Inter-Service VPN

Cisco SD-WAN Release 20.9.1

Cisco vManage Release 20.9.1

With this feature, you can leak routes between the service VPNs at the same edge device.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

svemulap@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This is the extra-net usecase
Checkout the TAC Video at: https://video.cisco.com/detail/video/6314899344112?dtid=osscdc000283