Server Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer

Forum Posts

Hello,We are planning to have VMware ESXi  in the DMZ.Our DMZ sits between an external and internal firewall.Is it possible to use a single /24 network and have VMware segment the vswitch with Vlans for each service i.e email, Sharepoint , web etc or...

j44mistry by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, We were performing some DRC tests last night with the customer and we noticed weird issue on Nexus 5672UP. There are some VLANs which have corresponding SVIs. There is HSRP running between two N56Ks. There is a trunk (port-channel) between the...

I am new in UCS , so there are some questions 1) Do I understand correctly that this feature is supported only on UCS bladecenters at the moment?2) What is the use for VM-FEX on Nexus 5k without FI modules?  Does anybody plug UCS straight into Nexus ...

Welcome to this Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation.This is an opportunity to learn and ask questions about Cisco UCS E Series Servers, with Cisco Experts, Manuel Velasco and Tara Koppolu.Starts November 24, 2014 through December 5, 2...

Dear All, Maybe somebody from Cisco can shed some light if  the PVLAN trunk support on FEX ports is at least on the roadmap?The Nexus 1000v and VmwareDV switches become more and more deployed  on the servers with virtualization  and it's a pity that ...

I ran into a strange route redistribution behavior on 7k running NX-OS 6.04When I redistribute using route-map, the routing process automatically distributes my loopback interfaces, even though they are not part of the route-map. Here is an example: ...

ataranen by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Is the Nexus 1000v VEM version 4.2(1)SV1(5.2) compatible with VSM version 4.2(1)SV2(2.2)?I'm planing to upgrade a VSM from version 4.2(1)SV1(5.2) to version 4.2(1)SV2(2.2) but the associated VEMs will be upgraded over a few days, so I have the old...

gtkeogh by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes