cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SAN MDS Zoning : update device-alias and respective zones.

net4amit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dear, 

I have to modify a device-alias name, and this device-alias name is in use in 100+zones. 

I don't see an option\method to update device-alias name, what I see is I have to delete the device-alias first and then recreate the new device-alias and then update all 100+ zones for the new device alias.

This is definitely time-consuming method, is there a way I can run this via script?

if I copy all the commands in a text file then I copy the file to bootflash, then how to execute the entire script. 

it will have multiple commands. 

Currently I see it as 

for each device-alias name update

Run below set of commands:

1. Config

2. device-alias database ; no device-alias name old_da_name ; device-alias name new_da_name pwwn 50:01:17:78:F9:xx:xx:xx ; device-alias commit

3. update all 100+ zones using below command syntax

zone name zonenamehost1_s3p3 ; member device-alias new_da_name ; no member device-alias old_da_name

zone name zonenamehost2_s3p3 ; member device-alias new_da_name ; no member device-alias old_da_name

zone name zonenamehost100+_s3p3 ; member device-alias new_da_name ; no member device-alias old_da_name

4. Also if the zoneset needs to be activated after each zone update, or we can update the zoneset using below command after all zones are updated. 

zoneset activate name FABRIC_A_Zoneset9 vsan 9 ; zone copy active-zoneset full-zoneset vsan 9 ; copy r s

Repeat all above four commands for each device-alias name update and their respective zones and then activate affected zoneset after multiple zone member update before proceeding with next device-alias

or 

Repeat all above four commands for each device-alias name update and their respective zones

and active affected zoneset only once after all zones and all device-aliases are updated 

Appreciate your support. Kindly advise.

0 Replies 0