Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting 4 Nexus 2000 with Nexus 7000

conceptzone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have two N7K-F248XP-25  going to be installed in one Nexus 7009 and I have 4 N2K-C2248TP-1GE (48x100/1000-T+4x10GE) .

In simple way, I have two F2 line cards within one N7K and 4 N2Ks. The N7K will be used as a parent switch and it has NX-OS version 6.0

So I want to connect the 4 N2K to the two F2 line cards in a redundant fasion, can some one tell me the best practice of how to connect those N2Ks?

I have read somewhere that I can only use two ports from each 4 shared ports but I am not sure if this is true. I will appreciate any input or a link.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

krun_shah
Level 1
Level 1

Here you go

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/component/content/article/69-data-center/1284.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

That was Awesome link! Thanks indeed.

So can you please confirm if I am following the F2 + FEX rule

Again, I have only one Nexus 7009 and 4 x N2K , so I have two F2 cards on the Nexust 7009. Here is my connectivity plan:

1st N2K to port 1 on the first F2

1st N2K to port 1 on the second F2

2nd N2K to port 2 on the first F2

2nd N2K to port 2 on the second F2

3rd N2K to port 3 on the first F2

3rd N2K to port 3 on the second F2

4rth N2K to port 4 on the first F2

4rth N2K to port 4 on the second F2

So eventually , I am planning to use one group (4 ports) on each F2 card for all the connectivity to those N2K Switches.

Also, I will have a total of 4 port channels .. right ? 1 Port channel for each N2K

I will appreciate your feedback!

Yes this looks good design with redundancy. It also follows all F2+FEX rules.

Thanks indeed Krun for the feedback. So i have been asked to increase the redunandcy a little bit and here is what I am going to do with those 4 switches : (Please let me know if I am again following the F2 + FEX rule)

Thanks,

Ismail

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: