Server Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer

Forum Posts

We have GLBP configured on two Nexus 7000's using "load-balancing host-dependant" as our method of balancing. My question is, is there a quick way to determine which router each host is using. These are in production so any debugging is frowned o...

I have been tasked with connecting up 2 x Nexus 5548's to an HPc7000 Blade Chassis with a Flex Fabric card, and also to a Netapp 3240I want to run FCOE and am just looking for info on how to configure this. Can anyone provide any pointers on where to...

Resolved! N5k Peer Keepalive

helloI have a question about N5k Peer keepalive path. I can do it through mgmt0 interfaces with a crossover cable to connect the two nexus? Or is not recommendedgreetings to you all

DPlagueHT by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey all,I posted the below in VMware's forum yesterday, now I'm cross posting here for advise. I'd like to add after a day of research though -There is a LOT of advice on the Internet around this problem, generally suggesting the CONTROL VLAN isn't t...

technionn by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Using the above setup can i use 4 disks, striping them togther in sets of two and then using one to mirror the orther. So I have Raid 0 and 1. I have only 2 disks at the moment but I will buy two more if I can do it.Basicly I want the fasted mirrored...

Hi,Our customer needs two Nexus (5548 + 5020) all with FCoE. What licenses do I need for each of them, if any?I am a bit confused:For 5020 there are:N5020-SSK9Nexus 5020 Storage Protocols Services   License1$24,000.00N5020-FNPV-SSK9FCoE NPV Lic for N...

jacinto1m by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a Catalyst 3560 and when trying to assign IPs to a port (using telnet to the switch's main IP) I keep getting an error.Here is the commands as s I am trying to enter them and you can see the error I have highlighted in red below.SC-153>enab...

over7volt by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI am wondering if there is a mechanism that I can use to secure a network against the L2 loop crated on the vserver side, in the Vmware environment with Nexus 1000V.I know, that Nexus 1000V can prevent against the loop on the external links but,...

Hi  According to the doc, by default, N7K trust dscp and CoS and preserve the value at ingress.  A packet traverse N5K which is trunked to N7K. The packet contains both DSCP and COS value. In such scenario,   (1) Will the N7K just use the COS value i...

e-chuah by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Apologies in advance for what might be obviously dumb questions to some, but I am new to Nexus. 1) Why would you buy a 5010/5020 over a 5548UP/5596UP? I've looked at the data sheets, and haven't yet identified the major difference between the 2 range...

billybjo1 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has anyone had an issue with deleting a virtual supervisor module on a 1010?A-TPL-NXS01# show virtual-service-blade summary -------------------------------------------------------------------------------Name                Role        State          ...

c.walsh by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All,I have to connect a router (C3560E) to a vPC topology (2 * Nexus5596)I would like to create a vPC on Nexus 5500 side and a Port-channel on router side.Regarding L3 aspects all should be included in the same interconnection VLAN with vlans i...

dguigo by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes