cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DLSW Ethernet Redundancy Transparent Cache

mjones
Level 1
Level 1

I have corrupt entries in the ethernet redundancy transparent cache. These are causing problems establishing new sessions.

Can I clear the entries individually and how long does the cache take to time out?

3 Replies 3

mbinzer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

the transparent redundancy cache does not time out at all. It is designed to go away when the circuit goes away.

If there is a problem in a way that you have an entrie still in the cache but no circuit anymore for it than you need to reload the router.

If the entrie is stuck in COLLECTING state you can clear it with the hidden command:

dlsw clear transparent circuit

thanks...

Matthias

Matthias,

Many thanks for this information. Do you know if these stuck cache entries are bug related?

The "dlsw clear transparent circuit" hidden command does not appear to be available in 12.1

Thanks,

Mike

Hi,

the "dlsw clear transparent circuit" was introduced with CSCdv16277, it is in ios 12.1(11.5) and higher, 12.2(6.4) and higher and it also rolled into 12.3.

Please note the "circuit" option is hidden. you can not see it with the ? asking for help in the parser.

in respect to the origin of the erroneous cache entries. They can be a bug on itself. But they also can be a result of a configuration not exactly like it should be.

I would advice to open a case with the tac and have the configurations sanity checked.

If this is something you can reproduce at will than we would certainly be very interested how you get into this state.

Dlsw ethernet redundancy was quite modified a bit in the last 2 years. Depending on what version of code you run you might need to go to a higher level to pick up all the current maintenance.

My personal few is a recent 12.2 image or even better a recent 12.3 image.

thanks...

Matthias

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card