cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DLSW peer takes 20 min. to establish..Please Help !!!

abekeris
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured a Cisco 7304 with DLSW and the remote peer is not a Cisco router. When the local peer in the Cisco is not configured as promiscuous, it takes about 20min to 1h30min for the peers to get connected.

If the local peer is configured as promiscous, it works good, but we dont want to use this configuration becasuse we want to control the connections on each router.

What can I do in order to solve this problem ?

Attached is the router configuration and the output of a "debug dlsw peers"

20 Replies 20

Sorry, here's the debug......

If you are running IOS 122.19 or above, try the following command:

dlsw remote-peer 0 tcp 172.25.252.254 v2-single-tcp

reset the peer to see if it helps.

Jing

Sorry, I didn't see the debug.

Jing

Hi,

if the other router only accepts a version 2 peer than you have a problem.

The cisco by default will always use a version 1 peer it it initiates the peer.

In this case the most simple way to fix it is to make the cisco promiscuous and let the other router open the connection. We will follow whatever type of peer it wants, version 1 or version 2.

The only active way to open a dlsw version 2 peer on a cisco router is to have CSCeb47150 included.

It is in 12.2(19) and higher and in 12.3(4) and higher. With this included you can configure the v2-single-tcp statement on the remote peer.

this is designed to come around problems with NAT where we have trouble with the order of ip addresses to bring down the second tcp session for a version 1 peer.

I dont know if this would work in your environment. It is designed for VPN/NAT environments and the head end should be promiscuous or passive. You would need to try if this helps in your case.

However you should also talk to the support of your remote routers to find out why they have trouble with a version 1 peer.

thanks...

Matthias

I'll try the 12.2(20)S3 version....

It doesn't work. We are going to configure promiscuous peer's...It works...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card