Views
Helpful
Replies

DR center in stand-by mode

pgershkovich
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Main Office(MO) has cisco3660 and PIX515, Remote Office(RO)has either pix or a cisco router to connect to MO via VPN. We want to build an identical datacenter which is connected to MO with direct line(100mb). Data replication is not a proble, we are using EMC. So here is situation, let's say MO completely fails (no internet, no VPN), how can i get my RO's switched to DR center automticaly? DR center also has internet connection different IP's. DR must be stand by and should become active only when NO fails or How can i Load share for RO's between MO and DR center?

Thank you in advance

1 Reply 1

dixho
Level 6
Level 6

I need more information. What application/protocol is used for ROs? Is it IP, FCIP, and so on? Are the layer 3 addressing (e.g. IP) for MO and DR the same or different?

Assume that the layer 3 addressing for MO and DR are different. I think that you need to adjust the IP routing table on the RO router/PIX; so that the IP routing to the MO is more preferrable to the IP routes to the backup DR. The interesting question here is how the applications switch to the new IP address.