cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hard disk Replacement on RAID 10 (UCS-C200-M2)

ajaybalan01
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I am running RAID10 on UCS-C200-M2 and swapped one of the failed disk.

Currently there is beep sound for more than 12 hours and I assume the new disk is rebuilding at the moment.

On top of that, Physical drive status is currently on "unconfigured good" on CIMC. Will the status change to "online" after 

the rebuild completes? Will reboot required after the rebuild completes?

Please advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

with MegaCLI or StorCLI, you should be able to trigger the synchronization or if you reboot the server and go to the WebBIOS, you can also trigger the rebuilding process for the array.

If you need help with one or the other, you can open a TAC case or post your questions here

HTH,

Kenny

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

The disk should not be in "unconfigured good" if it is rebuilding it should be in a "rebuilding" state.  Are you really using a C200 or this is a typo and you are really using a C220 instead?

with MegaCLI or StorCLI, you should be able to trigger the synchronization or if you reboot the server and go to the WebBIOS, you can also trigger the rebuilding process for the array.

The beep sound is very likely cuased by the array in a degraded state.

-Kenny

Hi Kenny,

I have done round of check once again on the CIMC and yeah its running on C200-M2.

If you need help with one or the other, you can open a TAC case or post your questions here

HTH,

Kenny

Yeap issue was resolved after rebuild of the disk triggered from the Webbios.

Thanks!

awesome! 

Please mark the question as answered for future users with the same problem.

-Kenny