cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with ip's

EmirSmlatic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. First of all i'm new to this sector so if i made some mistake sorry. I wanna run hosting bussines, but i wanna host some games and applications on my machine. So i need for each client who will use that apps different public ip adress. For example: i hosted two vps for two different clients on one machine and should i bought from my isp different public ip address for each client or there is some app or hardware which i can deffine different public accessible ip to each client? Or if that is no possible is it possible to make my local 192.168.x.x ip to public somehow? 

4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Go to an ISP, register 2 domains, each with a hosting service. this is the easiest way.  you can do it hosting yourself, on a single public IP, but you will then need to split up based on incoming URL, for which you would need a load balancer like a big-IP F5.   so in short, use an ISP to do the hard work for you.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I think you don't understand me. That solution is ok but what is solution when i have 5 clients. For each client i have to buy ip than? Is there some solution how i can from one ip get multiple different ip adresses. For example if i have 10.10.10.5 public ip can i buy from my isp 10.10.10.0 public ip and from that ip make for each client new one for free with something(hardware or software). I saw that there is some servers who provide local ip's as public for example ip of that server was 192.168.5.62 and i accessed it with no problems. How i that possible to make? 

That sounds like a job for NAT/PAT.

When its possible, you should build a Firewall as endpoint for your public IP and use

this one as gateway for your local IPs. NAT is a basic function from a Firewall/Router.

Your ISP should do the same for you at home.

If you cant use different Ports for Services, you must rent more public IPs.

But how than work those hostings who sell vps? On bught ips from isp or all on one ip? 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card