cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to config snasw to connect two dlus ?

henrybb
Level 1
Level 1

My application is based on sna lu0 protocol which router need config dlur/dlus . And my application need to connect two 390 host.So how to config router to connect two dlus simultaneously?

I read cisco document and can't find this information. And I don't know whether cisco router support this.

any comment is appreciated.

thanks!

8 Replies 8

htranphu
Level 1
Level 1

You can define a primary DLUS and a backup one with the config command:

snasw dlus NETA.HOST1 backup NETA.HOST2

When dlus service is needed for a downstream PU, SNASw will request it from a DLUS (it could be the primary or the backup depending on the timing); if the request is rejected, SNASw will retry with that DLUS a few times (configurable) before switching to the other DLUS.

See config details at:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123cgcr/ibm_r2/ib2_s4g.htm#wp1052545

and at:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fibm_c/bcfpart2/bcfsnasw.htm#wp1002504

Regards,

tran

Also note that you don't need a dlur/dlus session to each application host. You just need one dlus for control traffic (actpu and actlu). Application sessions (lu-lu) can go to any host, whether it is the dlus or not. Just define a link to each application host, or use a connection network (virtual routing node) so that the links can come up dynamically when needed for a session.

I know independent lu6.2 can go to any host. Can lu0 also do this ? I define a link to each 390 host,do I need define NN connection between 390 host to make lu0 go to any host ?

thanks!

thanks for your reply.

I think a primary DLUS and a backup can't do it because I need connect two 390 host at the same time.

For example, pu1 will need to connect 390-1,pu2 will need to connect 390-2.

I'm not sure I understand correctly your question.

If we are talking about the application host, then it can be anywhere; LU on PU1 can have session with a PLU on host 390-1, and LU on PU2 can have session with a PLU on host 390-2. This is unrelated to where the DLUS may be.

If we are talking about the DLUS servicing the PU (the host that knows about the PU and that will have SSCP-PU session with the PU), then you can define PU1 on 390-1 but not on 390-2, and PU2 on 390-2 but not on 390-1. With "snasw dlus <390-1 fully qualified CP name> backup <390-2 fully qualified CP name>" config statement, you will have PU1 being serviced by 390-1 and PU2 by 390-2.

Thanks,

tran

thanks for your reply.

English is not my native language,so I can't express my opinion exactly.

My network topology is like this:

(cics-1)390-1-----router(snasw)----(cics-2)390-2

and two sna server on windows nt will make lu0 session with cics-1 and cics-2 through router(snasw) .How to define this ?

If snasw dlus <390-1 fully qualified CP name> backup <390-2 fully qualified CP name> does this,how could I define three pu connect to three 390 host ?

You said:

"If we are talking about the application host, then it can be anywhere; LU on PU1 can have session with a PLU on host 390-1, and LU on PU2 can have session with a PLU on host 390-2. This is unrelated to where the DLUS may be. "

So where to define pu1 and pu2 ? And can this LU on PU1 or PU2 can be lu0 type ?

I think DLUS/DLUR is needed when there are session with a lu0 and cics, am I right ?

thanks very much!

You don't have to define the downstream PU/LU to SNASw; you only need to define them on the dlus host (in switched major node). The applications (like CICS) can be on the same host or on another host.

When a downstream PU connects to the router as a PU 2.0, SNASw knows that it needs to talk to the dlus for PU/LU activation; then SNASw will try to locate the PLU (CICS in your case) with the help of the Network Node Server (NNS) host, in order to forward the connection request.

I hope it helps.

tran

I doing the following:

1. I define downstream PU-1 on the 390-1

2. I define downstream PU-2 on the 390-2

3. I define "snasw dlus 390-1 backup 390-2" on the snasw router

4. I define lu of PU-1 on the cics-1 on the 390-1

5. I define lu of PU-2 on the cics-2 on the 390-2

Lu of PU-1 will make session with cics-1,but Lu of PU-2 will make session with cics-2 after some minutes delay. I think it is because PU-2 will try to connect to 390-1 first and it will be fail.So there are some minutes delay.

I will try to config NNS on 390.

I solved the problem with your help,thanks very much!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card