Views
Helpful
Replies

how to connect vlan with acess point using cisco switch sg350

manivalaguru
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

Been trying to connect cisco switch with acesspoint using vlan i have created vlan 40 with ip 10.1.1.1 and dhcp range of 10.1.1.10 to 10.1.1.30 i could able to get the same vlan ip range on my computer while connecting to the port.. but if create a vlan id 40 in access point and try to connect with the acess point i am not getting any ip can someone tell me how can i connect with acess point using vlan 
thanks and regards

manikandan v

3 Replies 3

Hello

Which access point model? 

Keep in mind that for standalone access point we not always want them to work with DHCP mode. Access Point like any other network device is better work with static IP address in order to be easier for management.

But, if you want to keep as the DHCP, you need to setup it properly. 

manivalaguru
Level 1
Level 1

hello i have been using yuncore access point and i have tired to cdp but that also did not working and tired to add static route is this correct way 

ip configuration ->ipv4 interface interface VLAN 40 ip address ->10.2.2.10 netmask-->255.255.255.0 (vlan on port

iv4 static route destination prefix 0.0.0.0 prefix length 0 and next hop router ip adress 10.2.2.1

in acess point static ip 10.2.2.10 gateway 10.2.2.1 is that correct way to add static route 

thanks and regards

manikandan v