Views
Helpful
Replies

Hyperflex Edge - Replication Network Addressing Change

dmonagh4n
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

As part of a deployment of two site, four-node cluster, I've configured a replication network on both sides within Hyperflex Connect. All underlying L2 and 3 networks are configured beneath and there are no firewall policies stopping this traffic. 

The L3 layout of the networks are as follows:

• Production Side - 10.1.80.192/26
  • DR Side - 10.8.80.192/26

The problem:

I've typo'd the PRODUCTION sides L3 network configuration; where it should be 10.1.80.192/26, I've put in the DR side; 10.8.80.192/26. 

Question:

What would be the best way to get this amended to be correct? Does this need to be ran through TAC as I can see the interface that has been created and addressed on the STCTL VMs but can't edit them.

Best Regards,

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Kirk,

So for clarity, these clusters weren't in production, so I ran the Data Protection peer forget all commands and then the

stcli drnetwork cleanup

Before reconfiguring.

Thanks,

David

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to remove your overall replication config, and reconfigure replication.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/hyperconverged_systems/HyperFlex_HX_DataPlatformSoftware/AdminGuide/4-5/b-hxdp-admin-guide-4-5/m-hxdp-replication-vm-disaster_recovery.html#concept_oqb_pty_m1b

stcli dp peer forget --all

Remove replication network option, on both clusters.

Then configure replication network link, with intended settings.

If you have issues, then open TAC case.

Kirk...

Thanks Kirk,

So for clarity, these clusters weren't in production, so I ran the Data Protection peer forget all commands and then the

stcli drnetwork cleanup

Before reconfiguring.

Thanks,

David