Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is C220M5 with VIC 1400 series supported with Catalyst switch

Hello,

As per https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/unified-computing-system-adapters/datasheet-c78-741130.html , I don't see Catalyst is supported switch with VIC1400 series. There was a question posted in our community that C-series with VIC1400 is connected to a Catalyst switch. Unable to see the vNIC MAC address in catalyst switch. Is it because of non-supported switch? Can anyone please confirm.

Cheers,

Karthick

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have seen a number of cases where customers were unable to get 3750s, 3850s, etc to work.

If a switches meets the specs listed on the card (i.e.IEEEE 802.1Qbb, IEEE 802.1Qaz, etc, along with the supported SFPs), then there may be scenarios were it partially works (i.e. access port mode, etc), but I wouldn't spend money on equipment without crossing Ts/Dotting i's for interop requirements.

Maybe someone else that has tried some combinations can report.

I suspect a call to TAC would immediately land you on the spec sheet switch compatibility page ;)

Kirk...

Thank you for the reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: