cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to have standard SATA hard drive (AHCI interface) by configuring Cisco 12G SAS Raid bios?

LeeJL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Could anyone here please help clarify if I can configure either BIOS of Cisco 12G SAS Raid bios to have a standard SATA hard drive access?   I am having a Cisco C220 M4 server with Cisco 12G SAS raid controller.  I physically removed all hard drives except the one in Bay 1. From the BIOS, PCH SAT Mode is set to AHCI.  

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Lee

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to set the raid controller drive mode to 'jbod' mode from 12Gb OptionROM utility at post time (cntrl + R)

Once it's set to jbod,,, it should get seen as ahci mode from OS perspective.

The PCH related settings will not apply to the drives /drive bays that are wired to the 12Gb Mezz controller.

If it's UCSM managed, the UCSM manager may support converting the unconfigured good drive, to jbod mode.

See https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/3rd-party/lsi/mrsas/userguide_june_2017/pub-005110_DB15-001199-08_2017-06-09_MR-614-SW-UG.pdf

jbodconvert.JPG

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: