Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 1110-S sending IGMP queries

pdotchon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have just attached an HA pair of Nexus 1110-S appliances to the network (I pre-configured them in an isolated lab) by attaching them to a FEX/vPC. We are now seeing log messages from the host Nexus 5596 (where the FEX are attached) complaining that they are receiving IGMP Query packets on the (FEX) port-channel interface connecting the 1110.

“UKBAS-N5K20-1 %IGMP-4-QUERY_DROP_ON_SAT_PORT:  igmp [3659]  Since router ports on fexes is not supported, dropping queries received on fex interface Po1072.”

There are no VSB configured on the 1110 yet, I have just been through the initial setup, configured the uplinks and management addresses etc. The management and control interfaces are in the same VLAN. There is nothing obvious in the config to enable "igmp snooping querier" so is this on by default? I wonder if there is a way to turn this off, or should we configure the Nexus 7k L3 interface as a querier in the hope that the 1110 will then stop producing them?

Any suggestions very welcome!

Cheers,

-phil 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe LeBlanc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

It is CSCuc73855: N1010 sending IGMP queries

You can view the defect using this link

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuc73855

Unfortunately, there is no resolution yet but it is being tracked for a fix in future release.

HTH,

Joe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe LeBlanc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

It is CSCuc73855: N1010 sending IGMP queries

You can view the defect using this link

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuc73855

Unfortunately, there is no resolution yet but it is being tracked for a fix in future release.

HTH,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks very much for the answer!

Regards,

-phil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: