cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 2248 Etherchannel Trunk

jagunn
Level 1
Level 1

We are peparing to deploy a Nexus environment in our data center.  We will be using a pair of  2248T FEX's connected to a pair of 5020's.  Each of the 2248T's will be connected to only one of the 5020's.  (Single Homed).  The 5020's will be vPC peers.  I want to confirm that we can do an etherchannel trunk on the 2248T ports.

We have some legacy 1G ESX servers ( 4 x 1G ports)  that we want to connect to the 2248T's,  2 ports to 1 2248 and 2 ports to other 2248. Documentation indicates we that on 2248T that we can bind all 4 of these ports in a single Etherchannel (using vPC)  but we aren't sure whether  this Etherchannel also be a trunk?

Thanks,

7 Replies 7

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Yes you can have it as a trunk

Hi Lucien

In the same way, I have two questions.

If I want to do a etherchannel trunk toward Nexus 2248T, in the host ports, is possible that? I trying to do that in a Conection from Blade with Cisco Switch toward the Nexus 2248T, port e100/1/10 -11.

The last question. How can avoid the blocking in the ports of Nexus 2248T.The host ports are set with BPDUGUARD.

Best Regards

Hi Rodrigo,

1) Yes you can

2) Use the command under the port configuration: spanning-tree bpdufilter enable. Be careful when you do so, your FEX port will filter the BPDU and therefore remain up, you need to make sure you don't create a loop in your network.

OK Lucien.

In the same way. Suppose that we have a Switch, connected toward two Nexus 2248T. Both upliks are port-channel, connected to the host port.

Is possible to do this, but .. is a best practice?

Best Regards

Connecting a switch to two different FEX will create a loop since both links will go to two different fexes and STP will not be blocking one of the links.

Am I understanding correctly?

Wouldn't it be possible to connect the 3750 (as shown below) and vpc it through the fexes?  This shouldn't cause a STP issue, right?

Thanks,

5020#1 ---vpc--  5020#2

\            /

fex1       fex2

\        /

Thanks

Yes it should work but you will have to enable bpdufiltering on your port-channel. Otherwise you can use the flexlink feature on the 3750.