Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5548 password prompt delay

CWorks LMS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are in the process of commissioning a flexpod using 2 nexus 5548UP switches.  Everything is working fine, except for the delay when remotely connecting to the 5548 switches.  When logging in via the console port, you get prompted for a password immediately.  If you connect via the VTY line, there is ~30 second delay between the login username and the password prompt.........no rhyme or reason for it that I can decipher.  This began happening even before we applied aaa to the switch - which works fine.  Anyone have any ideas where I should be looking?  I can't find any documents or configurations on the switches that cause that type of delay.

Tanya.

3 Replies 3

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

How large of a certificate are you using for your SSH key? For that matter, are you using telnet as well? If you are not currently using telnet, try enabling it and see if you have the same isssue.

Best regards,

Greg

Thanks for your reply Greg.  Turns out it was DNS that was configured on the Nexus switches.  Incorrect DNS entries caused login delays (~30secs).  Once I corrected them, everything works great!

Thanks again.

Tanya

Good to here you got it resolved.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card