Views
Helpful
Replies

Question for CIP mib informations.

skytosky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, there.

CIP module in cisco 7500 router is being used for SNA-to-TCP/IP at our customer site. They want to implement Ciscoworks to manage SNA sessions.

They want to obtain the following informations.

1. LU and IP addresses of connected terminals(TCP/IP clients)

2. start and end time of connected sessions

3. statistics of connected session

4. and so on

Can above informations be supported at CIP mib?

Best regards,

Thanks you.

Alex Seo, from R.O.K.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rclousto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alex,

Tn3270 sessions, right?

Check out the CISCO-TN3270SERVER-MIB and SNA-NAU-MIB. In the tn3270 mib, the tn3270sIpTable has the tn3270sIpClientAddr, tn3270sIpPuIndex and tn3270sIpLuIndex. Use these Index variables in the SNA-NAU-MIB to get the snaNodeOperName (PU name) from the snaNodeOperTable and snaLuOperSnaName (LU name) from the snaLuOperTable.

I think you will only get currently active sessions. I don't think there is a historical table. snaLuSessnActiveTime in the SNA NAU MIB will tell you how long sessions have been up, and there is a snaLuSessnStatsTable for statistics. The TN3270 MIB also has a tn3270sStatsTable you might take a look at.

Let me know if you need help finding those MIBs or any of the fields I mentioned in them.

Regards,

Bob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rclousto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alex,

Tn3270 sessions, right?

Check out the CISCO-TN3270SERVER-MIB and SNA-NAU-MIB. In the tn3270 mib, the tn3270sIpTable has the tn3270sIpClientAddr, tn3270sIpPuIndex and tn3270sIpLuIndex. Use these Index variables in the SNA-NAU-MIB to get the snaNodeOperName (PU name) from the snaNodeOperTable and snaLuOperSnaName (LU name) from the snaLuOperTable.

I think you will only get currently active sessions. I don't think there is a historical table. snaLuSessnActiveTime in the SNA NAU MIB will tell you how long sessions have been up, and there is a snaLuSessnStatsTable for statistics. The TN3270 MIB also has a tn3270sStatsTable you might take a look at.

Let me know if you need help finding those MIBs or any of the fields I mentioned in them.

Regards,

Bob

Tn3270 is right.

Thanks for your best answer.

Have a nide day!