cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBWFQ for DLSw traffic

adalili11
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured CBWFQ for DLSW traffic on int s3/0.1, but the interface still shows "

Queueing strategy: fifo", any ideas?

interface Serial3/0

no ip address

encapsulation frame-relay

no fair-queue

frame-relay traffic-shaping

!

interface Serial3/0.1 point-to-point

bandwidth 512

ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.252

ip nat inside

frame-relay class DLSW-Class

frame-relay interface-dlci 100

!

class-map DLSW

match access-group 100

!

policy-map DLSW-Policy

class DLSW

bandwidth 20

!

map-class frame-relay DLSW-Class

frame-relay adaptive-shaping becn

service-policy output DLSW-Policy

!

access-list 100 per tcp any any eq 2065

access-list 100 per tcp any eq 2065 any

!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jishi
Level 1
Level 1

Your configuration is fine. I think the reason that the interface still shows "fifo" is because the CBWFQ is applied through FRTS (Frame Relay Traffic Shaping) over the PVC, the physical interface itself won't show the queueing strategy for each individual PVC. If you do "sh policy-map int s 3/0.1", you should see the PVC level queueing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jevogler
Level 1
Level 1

Remember you will not see a match until the router is experiencing congestion. Queuing is a technique used in internetwork devices such as routers or switches during periods of congestion. So unless you experience congestion, you do not queue.

for your config..

change class map to this:

class-map DLSW

match protocol dlsw

DLSW can use 4 ports. 1981 to 1983 or 2065. The protocol DLSW command will automatically recognize the protocol. You can also issue a "show tcp brief" command to find out what port you are using for DLSW.

Also, with DLSW+, the router automatically sets the IP precedence to 5 (DSCP 40) on DLSW+ packets on port 2065.

The ip precedence is also change on the 1981 - 1983 ports as well.

on port..

1981 the ip precedence is set to 4

1982 the ip precedence is set to 3

1883 the ip precedence is set to 2

Hi,

i dont know why the queuing is not showing up on a show interface.

I just want to point out that the usage of the protocol keyword dlsw is ONLY valid for direct encapsulated peers.

In other words if you use dlsw tcp peers you MUST filter on the tcp ports. The protocol keyword dlsw will only work with direct encapsulated peers. Something like this:

dlsw remote-peer 0 interface serial ....

If you are using dlsw tcp priority peers than you must filter for all the tcp port numbers you want to have included.

If you only use a standard dlsw tcp peer with one tcp pipe than you have to filter on the tcp port 2065.

thanks...

Matthias

jishi
Level 1
Level 1

Your configuration is fine. I think the reason that the interface still shows "fifo" is because the CBWFQ is applied through FRTS (Frame Relay Traffic Shaping) over the PVC, the physical interface itself won't show the queueing strategy for each individual PVC. If you do "sh policy-map int s 3/0.1", you should see the PVC level queueing.