cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"last message repeated n times"

ryan.lambert
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone know how to disable this in the N5K?

I suppose this is probably a function of the newer NX-OS itself, and I know some *nix syslog daemons allow you to disable it... not sure if it is possible via the switch itself.

The reason is, my NMS is set up as a "tripwire" to perform a config differential every time it receives the "configured from" line. If the device is configured twice, and those are the last two entries... the changes go unacknowledged because it does not receive that trigger from syslog.

9 Replies 9

Adam Dodge
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the exact same issue, and so far all of my searching has been in vain.

Adam,

As mentioned there is no solution untill you upgrade the software version to 7.x release.

This enhancement adds the below config knob to enable/disable log rate-limiting:
(config)# [no] logging rate-limit

By default rate-limiting will be enabled.

To verify:
# show logging rate-limit

HTH

Regards

Inayath

Nikolay Vasilyev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This question was addressed by the software enhancement request CSCts88978 (https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCts88978), the following configuration option was added to enable/disable log rate-limiting: 

(config)# [no] logging rate-limit

Thanks Nikolay! That's great to know.

Hi Nikolay,

The command logging rate-limit is not availble in our Nexus 5k device. It seems that it is only available in N7k devices. Is there another way of resolving this issue?

Thanks,

Kath

For Nexus 5500 platform the software enhancement CSCts88978 should be integrated in the NX-OS versions mentioned on the bug description page in the list of "Known Fixed Releases", did you try one of those software versions?

Our N5k software version is 5.2(1). It's not included on the known fixed releases.

Dear Kath,

indeed unfortunately the fix for CSCts88978 is only available in 7.x software train, if you do need the fix for CSCts88978 - you might consider using one of the corresponding fixed software releases.

Thanks for the information, Nikolay.

Regards,

Kath