cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRE-V (UCS-Express) configuring RAID 1

HUBERT RESCH
Level 3
Level 3

Hi how to configure a RAID 1 with the two 500G HDs which are available on SRE-900.

I could not see any possibility during Installation of SRE-V on the Service-Module

Thx

Hubert

5 Replies 5

HUBERT RESCH
Level 3
Level 3

to answer myself:

RAID is not supported with SRE-V 1.0 , should be supported in upcoming SRE-V 1.1

RAID will also be not supported with Eval.License in SRE-V 1.1

Hubert

Hi Hubert, how did you get this info about RAID ? You opened a Service Request ?

Im experiencing the same issue.

All documentation told us the possibility to configure RAID 1 in this Module.

Leonardo Oliveira

Hi Leonards, got this info from Cisco-SE.

Yes you are right you can find in the datasheets for SRE-900 that it will support RAID, and you will also find

in documentation of some Cisco-Appl. which can be installed on this module how to configure RAID.

But I think the point is, because there is no HW-Raidcontroller on it it will just support SW-RAID, so its dependent

on the SW which is installed on the Module if RAID is possible or not, and with Version 1.0 SRE-V does not support RAID

KR

Hubert

Ok, so ... let´s wait for the 1.1 version.

Thank you for share this info Hubert.

Leonardo Oliveira

SRE-V 1.1 is now available for download and has full support for RAID 0 and RAID 1 on the SRE 900 modules.

There was a previous post that said RAID would not be supported with 1.1 with the eval. license.  This is not correct.  RAID 0/1 is supported with SRE-V 1.1 regardless of whether the eval. or permanent license is installed.

The SRE-V (UCS Express) 1.1 install guide is posted at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/sre_v/1.1/user/guide/sre_v.html

The 1.1 software is available for download at http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283677006&flowid=22062&softwareid=283694590&release=1.1.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Best Regards,

John

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card