cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340W Device List missing hostnames

jetcosys
Level 1
Level 1

I have the latest firmware (1.0.03.15) on my Cisco RV340W and all the hostnames for the connected devices are blank.  Can someone tell me how to get the router to display the names of the connected devices?

RV340NoHostname.png

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I see most of them are static? they coming from DHCP, you can map users as per below document :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb4226-manage-ip-and-mac-binding-on-rv320-and-rv325-vpn-routers.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

With the same firmware version (1.0.03.15) on the RV340W Router I’m able to see the ‘Hostname’ in default condition. Please refer the attached screenshots.

I did a factory reset of the Router after upgrading the latest firmware (1.0.03.15) on that and I’m able to see the hostname under ARP table.

I hope on the ‘Static DHCP Table’ you have mentioned the ‘Name’ during IPv4 to MAC binding, you may cross verify the same once.

If that doesn’t work and you have the downtime available to troubleshoot this issue then first take the configuration backup from the mentioned RV340W Router and then reset the Router to factory default settings once. After that connect few device on the RV340W Router and verify the ARP table. In case now you are able to see the hostname then reload the previous configuration of the RV340W Router and verify the status.

In case still the issue persists then you may contact our support center following the below mentioned link to troubleshoot further on this…

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Note: Factory reset the RV340W router will erase the all the existing configuration on the Router. In case you are not sure about downloading the configuration backup from the Router and uploading that again then please feel free to contact us before doing that, we will assist you.