Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Ivor Diedricks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As of release 1.1.1.8 (released early September 2011) for the Cisco Small Business 200 and 300 Series switches, Cisco pre-standard / Legacy POE (also known as Cisco Inline Power) is supported in addition to the standards-based version of IEEE 802.3af.

The following pre-standard devices have been tested:

Aironet 1100, 1200

Cisco AP1200

Cisco 7960 IP phone

Cisco 7940 IP phone

Cisco 7902 IP phone

Cisco 7912 IP phone

Cisco 7914 IP phone

Cisco 7905 IP phone

The firmware can be downloaded from the following link on Cisco.com:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/navigator.html?mdfid=283009439&i=rp

Comments
Tim Butters
Level 1
Level 1

This is amazing news!

Maarten Pieters
Level 1
Level 1

Great news! Customers with legacy PoE devices appreciate this

subgenius
Level 1
Level 1

This is good news. I received a couple of these switches on Sept 21 and they did NOT support pre-standard power on AP-1232AGs, wound up having to use a brick....

Ivor Diedricks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have to download the latest version of firmware to get access to this support - 1.1.1.8.

kshaffer
Community Member

When is this support coming for the SG200-08P?  It is still on firmware version 1.0.1.0 from back in June.

Tom Rymes
Level 1
Level 1

Another request for support for the SG200-08P. Can we expect a new firmware release for this device? The latest is still 1.0.1.0.

Ivor Diedricks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

tom,

All 300 series switches and all 200 series switches support Cisco Inline power except for SG200-08P and the 200E models.These models use a different chipset and software and do not support this capability.

Thanks,

Ivor

kshaffer
Community Member

Seems pretty silly to me that I have a CISCO 7940 IP Phone that my CISCO PoE Smart Switch doesn't support. By "do not support this capability" do you mean currently is unsupported or will never be supported on the SG200-08P? I would like to know if this is a limitation that has been (poorly) engineered into the chipset used by the SG-200-08P, meaning I should throw it away and go out and buy a product from another company that will support my phone.

Ivor Diedricks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not really considering that the 7940 has been end-of-sale since 2002:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/prod_end-of-life_notice09186a0080088a2c.html

At this point there are no plans to support this capability on the SG200-08P.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: