Views
Helpful
Replies

ACL issues in SGE2010P Switches

fcambria83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm the administrator of a system composed of seven SGE2010P switches in stack configuration.

I developed a script to update the ACL at regular time intervals.

ACLs work well unless one or more switches in the stack is turned off. In this case it would seem that once, which switches off will restart, they do not synchronize ACLs assigned to interfaces.

Currently the only solution I've found to restore functionality, it is cold restart of the entire stack.

I was wondering if there is a command to propagate the acl switches that I can recall in the event of a restart of any of these.

Please Help me,

Francesco Cambria

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Francesco, this sounds perfectly logical. When the switches are stacked, it is 1 logical unit. If you run a script for a specific unit, it won't work nor update when the unit is turned on since as far as the master is concerned it would be an isolated node.

So the short answer is no, there is not a way to make it automatically propogate when the switch comes up.

But it begs the question, why are switches in the stack shut down while you're doing a configuration maintance? It does not seem logical.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/