cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with VLANS on Cisco SGE2010

olsonmd67
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently using a Cisco SGE2010 switch, I have 4 rooms with each room assigned a separate VLAN and I have a separate computer that is used for maintenance and backup and it is assigned its own VLAN. All of these systems are in the same IP range.

I want to be able to backup scenarios from each room to the backup but I am unable to access the system

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes this what we expect...glad to hear all working, can we mark as the solution.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi

Do you have a layer 3 device to create the intervlan communication?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

This switch is set as a Layer 3..this one is weird. All these systems are on the same switch. If I go same VLAN to VLAN I can ping between them. If I trunk the ports to run multiple VLANS I cannot ping...am I just being stupid or loosing my mind?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you clarify some of the information you have provided?

1. you have mentioned you have different VLAN, what is that VLAN number.

2. Do you have each VLAN SVI (L3 created ?)

3. You have backup device different VLAN, what VLAN

Lastly, it is confusing is, all are in the same IP range? if so why do you need different VLANs ?

BB

I have 4 ports on a 10 VLAN, 4 on a 20 VLAN, 4 on a 30 VLAN and 4 on a 40 VLAN. The backup device is on VLAN 60 on the same switch. All systems are in the same IP range, the VLANS are used to separate by rooms as they cannot all be communicating at the same time as 1 VLAN may be running one scenario while a 2nd VLAN is running a different scenario.

Can you give IP address respect VLANs

VLAN 10 - IP address and L3 Interface IP address

VLAN 20 - IP address and L3 Interface IP address

--

---

VLAN 60 - IP address and L3 Interface IP address

if possible show us your configuration.

BB

I will attempt to get this and post it.

Thanks to all! I went and TELNET into the switch and discovered they had the switch set as a Layer 2 device. I changed it to a Layer 3, reset the switch, loaded the config and everything is working.

yes this what we expect...glad to hear all working, can we mark as the solution.

BB