cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-08 Firmware Upgrade Fails

wesleywitt
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to upgrade the firmware on a SG200-08 switch. After starting the upload via HTTP is runs for a long time and then fails with the error "transfer aborted". Can't seem to get an upgrade to to ever work. I'm attempting to upgrade from 1.0.6.2 to 1.0.7.4.

4 Replies 4

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

hi Wesley

• have you tried to use different browser?
  • have you tried do download 1.0.7.4. firmware file again (an compare file size to the one mentioned on Cisco download page)?
  • have you tried to upgrade to latest available firmware (Release 1.0.8.3) for your switch?

I have this very same issue, upgrading from 1.0.6.2 to 1.0.8.3.

Have tried with IE and Chrome.

IE Fails with the above error.

Chrome doesn't even start. When I hit upload I got an empty pop-up box with only an OK button..

cyclist100
Level 1
Level 1

finally....SUCCESS 

MSIE 11 failed, as did Chrome, but finally tried Mozilla Firefox and got the progress bar.  Be patient and let it run.    I did leap from ....6.. directly to 1.0.8.3.   

I have tried MS Edge, Chrome and FireFox without success.  Followed the procedure, but after clicking on the Apply button it just comes back with the OK button and cannot upgrade the firmware from version 1.0.6.2 to 1.0.8.3 using the downloaded file SG200-08x_FW_1.0.8.3.stk file.  Is there an absolute successful install upgrade procedure out there?