Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-50P PoE stange problem

damian.woz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

During planned electricity poweroff - we had a strange issue with 2x SG200-50P switches. After electricity come back - our switches booted properly, but some devices were not powered through PoE (mostly IPTV camera). So we've tried different ports. Some ports worked, some not.

We've decided to upgrade firmware (to the newest available: 1.4.11.5 and boot ver: 1.3.5.06). Nothing helped, the same issue. No PoE errors in the switch log.

We've tried connecting other PoE cameras to the "dead" ports, same issue, we've tried Meraki Access Point - on one switch it powered on (on the "dead port"), on 2nd switch it didn't came up.

Now the funny thing... We've requested switch replacement, after replacing 1 faulty switch, we've cleared up the configuration, and tested the faulty ports... suddenly they powered camera (and meraki AP) through PoE. I've uploded the same startup-config as it was before on the switch - and again - all PoE ports are working properly (so it wasn't a config issue).

I also made the same with the 2nd "faulty" switch - clear config, reboot, upload config again ... fully working.

Does anyone had similar situation with the PoE on SG200?

4 Replies 4

JKIT
Level 1
Level 1

I have a very similar issue with brand new CBS350-24P-4X switches.

Some interfaces do not supply PoE after the switch was running for some hours.

With one difference,  devices which were connected right after the initial switch setup was done are still supplied with PoE on the same interfaces. If I plug the same or new devices to another interfaces, PoE is not supplied.

It happens not for every interface!

Reboot of the switch doesn't help for some of the interfaces, some of them are supplying PoE again for some time.

Factory reset brings all interfaces back to work for some time, but cannot be the solution.

I have experimented a bit and found a workaround for this issue using CLI:

conf t

interface gi1/0/15

power inline never

power inline auto

brings PoE auto recognition back to the interface and PoE is supplied again.

Hope that helps, waiting for Cisco technician, case is open.

damian.woz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Unfortunatelly SG200 doesn't have any console or SSH to manage it via CLI.

But we've tried to shutdown PoE on specific port, and turn it on again - no luck for us, only factory reset helped...

Same problem here.

More and more ports no longer work at all.
There is neither a PoE supply nor data transmission for non-PoE devices.

As more and more switches had similar disease, we've just backed up the config on switches and made factory reset + backup restore. Working flawlessly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X