cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-10/P Mgmt IP Address not reachable when Mgmt VLAN is PVID on trunk port only

goliver
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think the subject says it all.  I have an OAM&P network as is common practive, but these switches (bought to run small labs with <= 8 phones will not allow Mgmt access unless there is an *access* port on the switch with link up on the Mgmt vlan (I could not even change the vlan until that happened).

I have 8 phones, so all regular ports taken and the 2 non-POE ports are trunks to other switches. 

Anyone know how I can access the Mgmt interface without having to unplug a phone and walk way over there? 

This is quite frustrating that someone who wrote a fairly fully featured, managed switch, failed to allow this (for whatever reason).

TiA,

Greg Oliver 

3 Replies 3

mridsing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg Oliver ,

Thanks for your post,

Will have to check with vlans and tagging done all ports. 

Anyone PC or Phone with which PC is connected we can try to access switch Management vlan.

Request you to open a case with us by calling our frontline team.

Link:- https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Mridul

Cisco SBSC.

Shot in the dark here but is the default route (or gateway) set on your SG300-10?

I had a similar issue with my SG300's when trying to get into the management gui from when I was connected via a VPN.  I added a '0.0.0.0' that pointed to my networks gateway and all was good after.

Sorry for the noise!

I actually found it - there was a PVID mismatch on the trunk port between our 6500 and the first sg300 - doh!  It works as expected when the vlans properly match :)

Thanks for the replies - after all the trouble I had to go through to change the admin vlan, I was short sighted in troubleshooting and blaming that. 

-Greg