Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 VLAN ISE

Hello,

customer is using lots of 2960-Switches and plans to implement ISE for dynamic VLAN-Assignment. Should be no problem.

For lots of small offices he wants to purchase SG300 Switches. I recommended Cisco Compact Switches, but they are too expensive.

So the question is: Is it possible to configure the SG300 Switches to communicate with ISE to do allow dynamic VLAN-Assignemt?

Any response will be helpful.

regards

Hubert

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bsiapco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Hubert,

ISE can work in any platform especially with the Cisco SG300. By the way, are you a Cisco partner or reseller? For further assistance you can email me at (bsiapco@cisco.com)

Happy to Serve!

Barry

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

bsiapco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Hubert,

ISE can work in any platform especially with the Cisco SG300. By the way, are you a Cisco partner or reseller? For further assistance you can email me at (bsiapco@cisco.com)

Happy to Serve!

Barry

Hi Hubert,

From my experience it works with freeRadius very well however please note that Small Business switches supports only MD5 hash thus is very important Radius server has this authentication enabled as well.

Regards,

Aleksandra

Thank you all for your valuable information.

I will check with the admin guide if all the functionality our customer needs is possible.

regards

Hubert

Max Harbin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hubert,

Barry is absolutely correct. From the switch side, it is setting radius config in the switch to the ip for the ISE and supplying the key, 802.1x setup and ports will be next. Please refer to the sg300 admin guide. pg 391 and 392 specifically for radius-assigned-vlans. Please review Chapter 19 in total. It will inform you as to certain configuration parameters that will and will not work. For the ISE, it can be a location based rule or an attribute for particular users.