cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350 - No access when ports set to Layer 3 switchport mode

Blue26
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot get my SG350-10 to function when setting Switchport Mode to Layer 3 under Interface Settings. I am running the most current firmware version. VLAN 1 is assigned an IP of 192.168.10.253. It is assigned to GE10 and the interface is set to Layer 2 switchport mode. I am only using VLAN 1 to access the GUI since I cannot access the GUI when a switchport is set to Layer 3 mode. I have enabled IPv4 routing and have created the following VLANs:

VLAN 2

Layer 3 switchport mode checked under interface settings

Assigned to GE1

VLAN 3

Assigned to GE2

VLAN 4

Assigned to GE3

VLAN 5

Assigned to GE4

As a test, I have connected my router to port GE1 and set the following static route: Destination: 0.0.0.0 Subnet: 0.0.0.0 Gateway: 192.168.20.254 (my router's local IP). I have tried using the ping tool in the GUI to ping the router from GE1 but there is no response. I know I will eventually need to setup more static routes for everything to work, but at this point even if I connect my laptop to GE1 while it is set to Layer 3 switchport mode I am unable to even access the GUI on the switch. 

For right now, I have just been messing with port 1 while it is in Layer 3 Switchport mode, but I cannot get it to communicate with any devices. If it is set to Layer 2 it works with no problems. I am trying to stick with the GUI management interface as I am new to Cisco and unfamiliar with their CLI. The photo below is what I would eventually like to achieve. I want all intervlan routing to take place on the switch, but I am completely stuck at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Untitled.jpg

2 Replies 2

Lee Cox
Level 2
Level 2

I have not used a SG350 switch yet.  But I run this same setup on a SG300-28 switch.

I would think VLAN1 needs to be layer 3 also or how is it going to be routed to the router. I use an access port for my router port.  I use  .1 and .2 for my router VLAN with a 30 bit mask.

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Blue26,

What you want to achieve is fairly simple and there should be no issue to configure the switch. If you want the SG to handle all the InterVLAN routing then you will need to configure all the VLAN interfaces on the switch, then a default route (0.0.0.0) pointing to the router interface. The devices connected to the switch (WAP, NAS, etc.) need to be access or trunk ports in L2. You will also need to configure a few static routes on the router for the VLANs as the router does not need to have all the VLANs configured (only VLAN2 is sufficient according to your diagram).

If you need any assistance to set this up please call our support centre and an engineer can assist you with the configuration.

Thanks,
Kris