cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350 not responding to CLI commands- unrecognized command

cb8487090
Level 1
Level 1

I reset the switch and all ran well for a day.  When connected to the CLI, it doesn't matter what command I run it always says, Unrecognized command.  Additionally, it seems the IP on the switch which I'm assuming is because the DHCP lease ran out.  Has anyone else had success navigating the CLI for the business series switches?  I just wanted to see what the current IP address is on the device and it says the same error.  

3 Replies 3

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Have you assigned an IP address to the switch via the DHCP server or statically?

When the switch is using the factory default IP address (192.168.1.254), the System LED flashes continuously. When the switch is using a DHCP server-assigned IP address or an administrator has configured a static IP address, the System LED is a steady green (DHCP is enabled by default).

How do you want to access the switch - through a console port or vial LAN? You can take a look at the quick start guide for more information: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/350_/2_3/quick_start/guide/en-US/Cisco350-QSG-en-US.pdf

Regards,

Martin

cb8487090
Level 1
Level 1

I just don't think this is going to be the switch I need to practice CCNA commands.  I purchased a used Catalyst 3550 and the commands seem to be responding well.  Different IOS. 

Hi,

SG350 do not run Cisco Classic IOS but a Cisco proprietary software that has very similar IOS like commands, therefore, you should better use some of the Cat IOS switches for your CCNA certification.

Regards,

Martin